Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Grammy's & Hollywood Week Continued

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to rap a little bit about the recent Grammy show. I give credit to the producers for taking a show that used to drag and be a bit boring to making it into a much more entertaining, smoothly flowing event. Props to the Grammy's. I guess I decided to whip out my notebook when Whitney Houston presented the first award. It was just too kookie to pass up. Ms. "Crack is Wack" herself didn't seem the drug-addled mess we've seen in the past, but there are definitely whole sections of brain that have been pickled. What was up with her showing off her legs and talking like Tina Turner? Just one more bizarre chapter in Whit's show business career. She's a far cry from the girl in the I Wanna Dance With Somebody" video. Yet, I'm not saying I want to hear that either.

OK, who thought Jennifer Hudson looked like she was wearing a paper bib when she won that award? (God bless her family member's souls) but a bad dress is a bad dress.

Apparently, The Rock "lives for the Grammy's" -- who knew? Justin Timberlake lives for Al Green (the General Store joke totally flopped).

Chris Martin and Coldplay are the new gods. They've been good for a while, but Vida La Viva is really just an incredible song. Man did he look good in his little outfit, sorta half-shirt! I heart Apple's Daddy! How about the Coldplay guy that hits the drums like an Ape? That was cool.

Sixteen year old Miley Cyrus ("It's Miley!!!" (all hail Joe McHale (that will be the name of my next blogsite!) and nineteen year old Taylor Swift sing about all the wisdom they have on being a naive 15 year old. Sigh....where did the one year go? I could've lived without that performance.

Robert Plant looked like a Mountain Man. I'm sorry but that Sand album is BOR-ING.

Jo Bros with Stevie Wonder....first off....Joe Jonas is hot, I don't care if my daughter says Nick is cuter. Though Joe looked like he had a stomach-roll with his stretchy shirt over tight pants. Anyone notice that? How about when he fixed Stevie's microphone to face the right way? Anyone notice that? How about when Nick said, "Do you mind if I take this!?" to Stevie and then screwed up the words to "Superstition" -- I KNOW you noticed that!

The only other noteworthy things I can think of are: Blink 182 are back, Katy Perry looked good (I've heard her sound better, but she was moving around a lot), Kanye West -- all I can notice is how he says NOW as "NA" Adele, cute chubby Brit chick, good voice. She won for best new artist. I think she should've ditched the gum for her acceptance speech. The best thing about the "Rap Summit" was MIA who was ready to deliver her baby. After that.....I went to bed and FFW through the DVR of it....Billie Joe Armstrong and Green Day presented Best Album and he is soooooooo dreamy, even as a blonde! If Green Day can match their last recording effort I'd be amazed, but looking forward to their next offering.

OK, now onto the amateurs on American Idol....

Adam did Cher's "Do You Believe" and if you didn't watch --- he sounded exactly like a woman.

Matt, the piano player has big time soul. Kara was a little too excited though.

Jamar's Hey Their Delilah wasn't that great. I'm not a huge fan.

Danny Gokey - his friend - I am a fan. He did "I hope you dance."

Anoop did a Bobby Brown song....who knew an Indian guy could have so much soul?

Jorge - I'm still not impressed.

Scott --- he sounded a little out of breath. Of course my notes say that, but I can't remember who this is.

Kristin McNamara - the blonde who Ryan played a trick on - she's got a good voice but she overdid "Because of You"

Mishavonna - that's a weird name.

Found it amusing when they showed the judges going over the contestant board making their decisions. They made it look like they were some genius scientists working on the process of fusion or something. Give me a break.

So, they kissed Simon goodbye and off to London and then the really horrible acting ensues...I can see why Simon didn't want to take part! Paula made herself look 20 years older than she is with her drawn looking face and the shaky voice was just really over the top. But Kara. Kara was the worst. The bending down like "this is so hard" was so obviously an act. If I were in that room I'd know I was going through. I also knew last night that 3 rooms were going through. No Castro bro this year. Boo hoo.

Tonight we get to see the judge's MANSION...oooooooooh!

Here's some predictions on who won't go through: Jamar, Jorge, Tatiana, and "Norman Gentle" --- expect to see some go through that you haven't seen before. They hold back on us.

OK, tonight Hollywood week will finally be over! Thank you JESUS.

No comments: