Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Getting On Board

Slowly but surely, we're all coming together on the blog. Thank you EPerry, ToniG, Gu, Donna/Meagan, and Wolf Eyes (looking forward to figuring out who you are!) for joining the blog (becoming a watcher). Also, thanks for the 3 comments left and those of you who have voted at the bottom. At the same time, THREE COMMENTS, and FIVE watchers this is pretty pitiful people!!!

So, I'm writing this to get you guys on board. I'll keep trying....after all, the season isn't really in full swing yet.

I have heard this from a few:

"I don't know what a blog is" -- well, THIS is a blog. It is just the same email I used to send you but posted up on a website. The term blog comes from web log.

How do I watch the blog?

On the right side you'll see FOLLOW THIS BLOG. Click on that. If you already have a Gmail address, you can use that. If you don't, a Gmail address is free and it's a cool thing to have. Just an extra email address, nothing scary folks. It can be a great way to separate out different kinds of mail.

After that you can follow publicly or follow anonymously. Of course, following publicly makes it a lot more fun for the rest of us!

Where do I comment?
At the end of the post (the thing I write) there is a thing that says COMMENTS. Just click on that and you can enter your comments.

How do I read the comments?
Just click on comments! A number will be there showing how many comments have been made.

How can I send this to a friend?
There is a little envelope next to the COMMENTS. Click on that and you can enter your friend's email address. Of course if you'd rather just copy the link at the top and send it to them through your regular email you can do that as well.

How do I vote?
At the bottom of the page is a new poll every week. Just click and vote!

What if I want to read an old post?
Since my posts are rather LENGTHY, I am only showing one post at a time. Go to the right side for the archives and click on the title you want to read.

Other ways to follow the blog:
There is a SUBSCRIBE IN A READER at the top. If you have a Google account, just click on Google and you can get the blog in a Reader. That means it will bring the entire post into your Reader on Google and you can read it from there. It will bring it in automatically with no effort from you to go to the blog page. Very Cool.....but perhaps too technical for some.

What if I'm still confused?
Just email me at my regular email address!

What if I don't like your blog format?
Just email me and tell me! I'm open to improving it. One person told me it is hard to read white on black. Do others feel that way? Leave me a comment!

I think that should cover a lot of the new-fangled blogging thing!

3 comments:

eperry2424 said...

White on Black is fine, what are HTML tages and what are they used for, how are they used

Lynn said...

In the case of leaving a comment, you can use "" and "" to make something bold. You would do that by using "" on one side of the world and "" on the other side of the word (no quotations). For instance, Earl, this message is for you! You can also do it to make links to other places if you know html coding. Go to American Idol.com here like I just did. You just need to learn it. :) Hope that answers your question!

Lynn said...

I will need to show you in an email, the example didn't work in the text. If anyone else wants to know how to use html codes, just email me.