Monday, January 12, 2009

Look at Me All Modern and Whatnot!

So, I've been doing my American Idol "commentary" for a number of years now and some of you new-fangled readers have been saying, "Why don't you have your own blog?"

Well................TA DA!!!! Aren't you all sorts of impressed!?

I chose this black template for my blog in honor of Simon's wardrobe and its title explains how I feel about American Idol. It's a love/hate thing. No show better "seizes" our time with the weeks and weeks of auditions, rambling commentary, and exasperating "right after the breaks." Here's hoping you've all invested in a DVR or Tivo because as entertaining as it might be, you simply cannot let this show take up one more moment of your time! When Idol Gives Back this year, I say we ask them to give us back the precious hours of our lives!!

Since Paula is so much inspiration for the Idol blog, I thought it only fair to recognize her in some way. So the website address (url) I chose was http://theupperregister.blogspot.com. You are now in the upper register -- be proud, stand tall! Please comment often, because you know you sound great in the upper register!

So, word on the street is that American Idol starts tomorrow with their auditions of the good, the bad, and the mentally ill. A new judge has joined the cast too. Now if you think I'm going to get all fancy and do indepth research on this silly show just because I now have this spiffy blog, you are sorely mistaken, sir! No, I don't know the new judge's name. No, I don't know what her credentials are. What I do know is that she's a woman and that's going to make little Miss Paula Abdrool extra crazy this season! Expect extra potent doses of crazy since the talk-time will now be split four ways and Paula will have to find a way to cram it all into less screen time.

As your beloved, but not-so-dedicated blogstress here....I can't tell you much more about the upcoming American Idol season. Since the last season, the only noteworthy pieces of information I heard was that Ryan was bit by a shark, Simon broke off his engagement, and a once-auditioner was found dead outside of Paula's house! One could ponder what Randy does in the off-season.......but then there's other activities for the mind -- you know things like literature, art, music -- remembering to breathe.

Thank you for joining me out here in cyberspace. I hope the blog is as successful as the email commentary and that you join me here, comment often, invite your friends, and have fun. You know you're already wondering what you're going to do with those precious few moments in between the Idol TV shows. I'm glad to oblige!

'Til the season starts............



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my first posting to any blog, so I'm a bit nervous typing this...

Lynn - Good luck with your new venture!

We'll be hanging on your every word. The site looks great in black. Break a leg!

-=gu=-

ToniG said...

Wow! I am very impressed, Lynn! Can't wait for the new season to start tonight. I have to say, I am new to blogging so it took me a while to get set up and post this comment, but I love the idea and I think its gonna be alot of fun to see what everyone writes.